And Other Surrounding Areas
There are plenty of things to do in the state of Alabama, of course it depends on what you like! One of our busiest areas in Alabama is Birmingham. I am going to give you list of things you can do while you are visiting B-ham and areas surrounding this city.
- Alabama Theatre-Where plays are put on.
- McWance Science Center-This place can be fun for children or adults. I went there a couple of years ago when I was 24.
- Birmingham Oddities-This is a store that has a bunch of odd and weird thing. It’s pretty neat but if you have a weak stomach I would say you may want to avoid it.
- AirWalk Trampoline Park– This is fun for adults and kids.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute-This is great if you are wanting some history.
- Autobahn Indoor Speedway-These go carts go up to 50 mph.
- Birmingham Museum of Art
- Carmike movie theaters
- Breakout Games-A group game where you have to escape using sets of clues.
- Saturn Birmingham-This place is a bar, but it is also a venue. They have game nights, vintage gaming systems, and music events.
I actually won this shirt in a Birmingham Oddities contest!
- The Vulcan– It is the largest cast iron statue in the United States.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens–This is a beautiful garden! Lots of walking and they even have a gift shop. BBG hosts a lot of events and even weddings.My husband and I had our picture picked to be on the BBG monthly report, we also were offered a year free membership. Birmingham’s Botanical Gardens is beautiful! I highly suggest going there!
- Red Mountain Park-This is a nonprofit park. They have plenty of trails, a zip line, and even a dog park.
- Statue of Liberty- It is a replica and it was donated by Liberty National Life Insurance.
- Sloss Furnace-is a National Historic Landmark. It is used as a haunted house during Halloween.
- Alabama Splash Adventure- A water park.
- Regions Field– where you can watch the Barons play.
- Railroad Park-This park has a nice walking track and also holds events sometimes.
- There is also The Birmingham Zoo!
I want to throw in there is sooo much more to do in Birmingham than what I mentioned. If you ever decide to visit, message me.
Lightrails it’s walking distance from Regions Field and Railroad Park.
Restaurants: Most of these were suggested to me:
- Texas de Brazil-All you can eat buffet, a little on the more expensive side.
- Little Donkey-Mexican Cuisine
- Alexander-Steaks and such
- Taste of Thailand
- Which Wich-Sandwich style
- Fancys on fifth–burger and oyster joint
- Roots and revelry
- The filling station-Italian
- Feast and forest–bakery/cafe
- Miss dot’s-Chicken restaurant with a southern theme
- Dyron’-Southern Cuisine
- Oven Bird-This place has more of a “fancy” vibe to it.
- Eugene’s hot chicken
- Hattie B’s-chicken
- Sky castle-American classics
- Post office pies-pizza
- Saw’s soul kitchen-bbq
- Real and rosemary-soup, salad, and sandwich
- El barrio-Mexican inspired cuisine
- Bamboo-Asian cuisine
- BYOB-Local Rock Cafe
- Babalu-Mexican cuisine
- Twisted Root Burgers-Burger joint
Credit goes to for the restaurant suggestions: all the people on FB. Thanks guys!
For more things to do in the state of Alabama “click here”